Admissions to our School
- Every child or young person who is admitted to Oaklands Park School, whether as a day pupil or a resident, has a Statement of Special Educational Need
- All admissions are agreed with Devon County Council's Special Education Team (CSET)
- Parents and carers, and of course the child him or herself, will be invited to visit the school on more than one occasion before coming to join us. This is so that everyone can agree that OPS really is the right place for your child and to arrange a smooth transition from his or her current school, or if this is the first school, to make sure that everything goes well from the very star
- Because we offer so many different packages at Oaklands Park - day school, weekly and termly boarding - there is a lot to take in and it is likely that when you visit you will meet one or more of the following - the Principal and Deputy Principals, teachers and care team leaders, therapists and the school nurse and the pastoral support worker. You will be welcomed to the school by Lucy who manages our reception area
- We want your visit to be as helpful, enjoyable and to the best of our abilities as informative as possible, but please be clear from the start, that school staff are not authorised to offer a place to your child. A place can only be confirmed after CSET and the school, with parents and carers, have agreed that OPS is indeed the right school
- For an informal discussion about admission to Oaklands Park, in the first instance, please contact Lucy Vile, School Administrator, (01626 862363) and you will be put in touch with a senior member of staff
- We look forward to hearing from you!
If your child is already in a school but you think a transfer to OPS might be in his or her best interests, talk to your child's teacher, the headteacher or the SENCO. The best way to have your views heard is to request an Interim Annual Review which can help to make a decision about the best kind of educational package for your child.
If your child is not yet in school, contact the County Special Education Team at County Hall in Exeter (01392 382000) for advice on admissions to special schools.