Admissions to our School
- Every child or young person who is admitted to Oaklands Park School, whether as a day pupil or a resident, has a Statement of Special Educational Need
- All admissions are agreed with Devon County Council's Special Education Team (CSET)
- Parents and carers, and of course the child, will be invited to visit our school on more than one occasion before coming to join us. This is so that everyone can agree that OPS really is the right place, and to arrange a smooth transition to make sure that everything goes well from the very start
- Please note school staff are not authorised to offer a place to your child. A place can only be confirmed after CSET and the school, with parents and carers, have agreed that OPS is an approprite placement
- For an informal discussion about admission to Oaklands Park, in the first instance, please contact the School Administrator, (01626 862363) and you will be put in touch with a senior member of staff
- We look forward to hearing from you
If your child is already in a school but you think a transfer to OPS might be in their best interests, talk to your child's teacher, the headteacher or the SENCO. The best way to have your views heard is to request an Interim Annual Review which will provide an opportunity to discuss what is required to meet your childs educational needs.
If your child is not yet in school, contact the County Special Education Team at County Hall in Exeter (01392 382000) for advice on admissions to special schools.